Fast and Affordable Skip Hire in Chesterfield
We’ve been supporting domestic and commercial projects in Chesterfield with our skips for a long time. In fact, Fletchers experience of providing Chesterfield skip hire services extends all the way back to 1982! Our skip hire prices are competitive and transparent, starting from £110.
Our professionalism, experience and reliability for same-day skip delivery makes us your perfect partner for skip hire in Chesterfield. Whether you’re in need of a skip for a household project like clearing out the garden overgrowth or have commercial requirements such as removal and disposal of old office furniture, Fletchers can help.
Domestic Skip Hire
Skip hire isn’t just for builders and commercial projects. Hiring a skip can be incredibly useful for a lot of home renovations, DIY projects and clear outs, saving you from making a bunch of round-trips to the Chesterfield tip. Depending on the volume of rubbish you need to clear, skip hire is often cheaper than hiring a ‘man in a van’ or similar rubbish clearance services, as there’s simply too much for them to manage in one pickup.
So, whether it’s a spring clean or a new extension, we provide skips in all sizes and tailor cost-effective skip hire services around your individual budget and requirements. Our friendly team are on hand to help with everything from advising where to site your skip without damaging property, to helping arrange road permits from the council.
Skip Sizes Available
For home use, you will usually only need a small to medium sized skip. Designed to fit on most driveways and roadsides, these skips come in three sizes:
- Mini Skip / Midi Skip (4yd) – Holding 40 black bags worth of waste, 4 Cubic Yard Mini Skips are perfect for smaller domestic projects like light DIY and decorating of one or two rooms or clearing out a small garden.
- Builders Skip (8yd) – These hold a little more than the Midi Skip, at about 60 black bags worth of waste. Builder’s Skips are a popular, all-round hire no matter your project, and are still just the right size to sit on a single driveway, parking space, or in a small front garden.
- Drop Down Door Skip (8yd) – With a capacity similar to the Builder’s Skip, Drop Down Door Skips have the addition of a front-door / ramp, ideal if you’re removing bulky or heavy waste that would be hazardous to throw over the lip of a typical skip.
Commercial Skip Hire Service
Fletchers also provide professional skip hire and waste management for trades and commercial purposes in the Chesterfield region. Providing support to offices, industrial facilities, retail outlets, construction firms and more, we have a skip suited and sized for every purpose.
- Maxi Skip (12yd) – Holding 80 black bags equivalent of waste, Maxi Skips are designed for removing waste from smaller trades projects, such as landscaping works or interior office renovations.
- Maxi L Skip (16yd) – Larger than the 12yd, the Maxi L Skip adds height to create volume, retaining a small footprint. Ideal for minor demolition clearance, professional building works, or larger trade projects, the Maxi L has just enough extra space to cater to larger works.
- Roll On Roll Off Skip (20yd+) – Available in 20yd or 40yd, this is the largest skip we offer, suited to jobs expected to generate high volumes of waste, including large office clear-outs or excavation works likely generating a lot of soil and hardcore for removal
As well as commercial skip hire in Chesterfield, Fletchers also deliver waste management, removal and disposal services. Complementing your skip hire, our removal, disposal and recycling processes ensure your compliance with legislation surrounding business waste whilst also benefitting the environment, as less than 5% of our waste ends up in landfills.
Before You Hire a Skip in Chesterfield
Access and Permitting
When hiring a skip near Chesterfield, you will need to consider where it will be situated. For home delivery, our skips are all perfectly sized to fit on the average single driveway or parking space, roughly the same size as a family car.
With many local areas having roads with a limited width or being built-up residential zones, we will need to understand what access routes are available. Typically, our skip delivery teams will need a 9ft wide entrance space to allow drop-off and collection.
If you do not have a driveway, garden area or other private land at your property, your skip will need to be situated on a road or public highway which requires permission from your local authority. As authorised contractors for skip hire services in Chesterfield, Fletchers experts will source Council permits on your behalf. For commercial purposes we provide similar support. Derbyshire County Council will permit skips to be placed on public highways around Chesterfield for a maximum of 7 days on an A-road or B-road, or a maxmimum of 14 days elsewhere.
During your booking, we’ll discuss your individual circumstances to work out the best route for delivery, where to drop off, and when to collect your hired skip.
Dos and Don’ts of Skip Hire
Before you hire a skip with Fletchers, double check that the waste you need removing is OK to put in a skip. Disposing of the wrong types of waste using a skip could result in you being charged for additional services.
Due to health and safety legislation, the following items cannot be put into your skip:
- Individual batteries or battery packs
- Electrical items
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Gas tanks or cylinders
- Household appliances
- Medical or human waste
- Glues and Solvents
Please also pay attention to our rules of skip hire, both for your safety and for the protection of our employees who will need to collect and dispose of your waste:
- Don’t fill your skip beyond capacity
- Don’t burn waste, or set fires in skips
- Don’t mix hazardous waste with general or recyclable waste
Choose Fletchers for your Skip Hire
Simple Booking and Fast Delivery
We understand the importance of efficient service, so skip hire can be booked quickly and easily using our online enquiry form, or by phoning us directly. Delivery is guaranteed within 24 hours of booking, and wherever possible we strive for same-day delivery of our skips.
An Environmentally Friendly Company
We are registered for both Waste Recycling and Scrap Metal Recycling with the Environmental Agency, and as an environmentally conscious organisation we recycle as much collected waste as we can, completely avoiding landfills or incineration.
This means our waste collection from skip hire experiences a recycling rate of 92-96%, something we’re incredibly proud of and that allows us to build long lasting relationships with like-minded businesses in Chesterfield.
Not sure what size skip you’ll need to hire?
Our friendly waste management team are on hand Monday to Saturday to advise on which skip size you’ll need, legal requirements for skips situated on roads, or to answer any other questions you might have.
Areas We Cover Around Chesterfield
- Clay Cross